Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer To Do List 2014: Simple Pleasures Edition




Part donut, part croissant.  Where have you been all my life?

1.  Eat a cronut. Yeah, I know, it's a simple thing to have at the top of a summer list, but I will feel pretty good about this summer if I can accomplish this.

2.  Hike around in Joshua Tree National Park. (Actually, I am hoping to do this tomorrow.) It's so close and I've never been.




Those trees in the background look like DUDES!
3.  See the covers of my new books, NO, NO KITTEN!   and  SECRETS OF SELKIE BAY.  One of them is almost finished, one of them I have no idea what to expect.  But I am excited beyond all reason to have a glimpse of both.
4.  Watch the sunset in the desert.

5.  Watch the sunset over the ocean. (Okay, I am noticing a theme here--where are the sunrises?)
6.  Sleep in sometimes. (Oh, that's where the sunrises are--being missed altogether!  Well done, me! Sleep is good.)
7.  Visit Catalina Island. Again, so close but I have never been!



8.  Eat Mexican food in New Mexico.  Well, why not?

9.  Visit the Santa Fe Opera.
Look at it, all snuggled up against the Sangre de Cristos.  

10.  Oh, and write.  A BUNCH.  Write a bunch of words! Good words, of course.

So, what's on your summer to-do list?

hrh








3 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Sounds like an amazing summer to do list!
I want to try a cronut!
That sunset looks beautiful.

I am writing a bunch this summer. Just got back from a Hawaii/San Francisco family trip which was amazing. Just finished baseball season. Gearing up for the big family Fourth of July celebration!

Enjoy summer, Shelley!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting summer to do list. Have fun working on crossing things off.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I hope you get to Catalina. I did a newspaper feature on bringing eagles back to the island years ago and flew in on a Cessna in the fog. Scary and so rewarding.
And Joshua Tree is a favorite of mine for those amazing trees. Haiku galore.
As for me, I'm house-hunting and learning much more about this beautiful area. Somehow, I've got to keep revising, too.